It aims at bringing together researchers and developers from different disciplines working with geospatial information. The workshop focuses on computational aspects of Geographical Information Systems (GIS), more specifically on the management and processing of 2D & 3D spatial data, including temporal aspects and uncertainty.
Topics of interest include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
- novel geospatial data processing and management mechanisms
- spatiotemporal data modelling and reasoning
- 3D modelling and GIS
- modelling and analysis of terrains
- modelling uncertainty in geospatial information
- spatial and spatiotemporal statistics
- geospatial and spatiotemporal data mining and outlier detection
- use of computational geometry for GIS problems
- automated mapping and map generalisation
- use of intelligent and dense wireless sensor networks for GIS
- fine-grained, terrestrial monitoring platforms
- geo-visualisation and geo-visual analytics
- visualisation of geospatial uncertainty
- new applications of GIS such as crisis management, environmental monitoring, oceanography, 3D cadastre, traffic management, etc.
Call for Papers
The committee invites you to submit a paper of 10-16 pages (theme paper) formatted in LNCS Springer style. For templates of the paper please consult author instructions from the conference web page.
Papers accepted to CompGeo'08 will be published in the ICCSA Conference proceedings, in Springer-Verlag Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series.
- February 3rd, 2008: Deadline for draft paper submission.
- March 31st, 2008: Notification of Acceptance
- April 15th, 2008: Camera Ready Papers and Pre-registration.
- June 30 - July 3, 2008: ICCSA'08 conference in Perugia (Italy)
For more details visit the COMPGEO'08 website.